Frequently Asked Questions

Move your cursor over each of these questions to see the answers.

If I give you my email address, will I get spammed?

At SUPA we look after your privacy. We promise not to tell (or sell) anyone else your email address. Please see our Privacy Policy for more details.

Why doesn't the brochure say where the lectures will be held?

Unless otherwise stated, SUPA lectures take place in the SUPA video conferencing rooms. If you are enrolled for a course, the video conferencing room at your establishment will be booked for you. Arrangements will be made for the rooms to be opened and set up at the correct times.

Lectures usually take place in the SUPA video-conferencing rooms. Not all lectures take place in all rooms.

If you have any further questions about this form or about the SUPA Graduate School courses, type your question into the box at the end of the form and send it to SUPA.

If you already have a SUPA account but have mislaid the details, please do not use this form. Instead, request a new password.

My.SUPA Account Request Form

Graduate Student
© Microsoft Corporation

When you send the form to SUPA by clicking on the 'Send Form to SUPA' button at the bottom of the page, the information is sent to SUPA Central. Accounts are set up manually so that your details and status can be checked. Please allow two working days for your application to be processed.

If you prefer, or if you encounter technical difficulties with the electronic form, you can send your application to SUPA Central by post or by email. Our postal and email addresses can be found on the 'Contact SUPA' page.

Lost your login details?

If you already have a SUPA account but have mislaid the details, please use the automatic forgot password / request a new password form.


Account request for PhD students and staff from Physics or related department with a university email address from a SUPA partner

My.SUPA can be automatically issued if you are a member of staff or PhD student in Physics or a related area and have a university email address from a SUPA partner

Use this form to request a SUPA account if you are currently a PhD student or a member of staff in a department of physics and/or astronomy at Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Heriot-Watt, St Andrews, Strathclyde or UWS universities.

Quick self-service My.SUPA account setup form

For other account requests, please use the form below:

Account request for other people - not PhD student or Staff in a SUPA partner

To request a My.SUPA account if you are not eligible for the quick self-service form above, please fill in your name, email address and details in the spaces below.

Staff and students at Glasgow Caledonian and Newcastle are also welcome to apply, as are members of other Scottish research pools. Undergraduate students and masters students should consult their lecturer, supervisor or Director of Studies before requesting an account.

Please note that the email address field is compulsory because all registered My.SUPA users must provide us with a valid and working email address. More details about what we do with the data we collect are in the SUPA Privacy Policy.

If you are a staff member or a PhD student in a Physics or related department with a university email address from a SUPA partner, please see self-service My.SUPA account request.

Is there anything else you would like to tell us or ask us? Are there any particular areas of My.SUPA to which you will need access?