The current call opened on 3 December 2019. Deadline - 31 January 2020, midday.
Following the success of the SFC PECRE programme SUPA is delighted to announce the launch of a new funding opportunity: SUPA Short Term Visits.
SUPA welcomes applications for postgraduate, postdoctoral and early career researcher short-term academic or industry visits to any country outside of the UK.
The main purpose of the visits is for the most able researchers working within SUPA to build experience of international collaboration. The visit may build on existing, or establish new, collaborations.
Each successful postgraduate, postdoctoral or early career researcher candidate may be the recipient of a single award only, up to a maximum value of £2,500 and each visit must be for a minimum period of at least one month. The funding must not be used for attendance at conferences, training seminars and the like. Eligible costs are restricted to economy travel and subsistence at the agreed institutional rate. The costs of the research are not eligible.
The SUPA Graduate School will be responsible for selecting the best postgraduate, postdoctoral and early career researcher candidates in an open competition from within SUPA which will be judged by the SUPA Graduate School Committee.
Criteria for selection will include:
- evidence of the ability of the candidate (output, leadership);
- likely benefits to the research of the candidate (new skills, techniques likely to be acquired) as result of the visit;
- likely benefits to the longer-term career of the researcher as a result of the visit;
- evidence of wider benefits to SUPA as a result of the visit;
- the potential for sustained collaboration as a result of the visit.
Within two months of returning, successful candidates must provide to SUPA a report covering:
- the aims, objectives or themes that the visit relates to;
- a lay person (non-scientific) summary of no more than 400 words
- a brief scientific report (no more than two A4 pages);
- a list of outputs (publications/other); and
- detailed costs involved.
The reports will be reviewed by SUPA, with a summary placed on the SUPA website - if you would rather we did not publicise the work, please note that on your application.
Visits must be completed and claims processed before 31 July 2020. Seeking matched funding from other organisations is encouraged.