For 2022 we bring you our Annual Gathering
Join us either at the John McIntyre Conference Centre, Edinburgh, or live online throughout the day.
Tuesday, 24 May 2022 - 09:30 – 18:00 BST (registration from 09:00)
James McIntyre Conference Centre
18 Holyrood Park Road,
Edinburgh, EH16 5A - view map
The day will include:
- A research highlight talk from one of SUPA's top talents
- Highlights from our ECRs
- PhD students discussing their research
- Hearing from the SUPA Saltire Emerging Researcher Awardees
- Selected posters from SUPA research themes
- A closing keynote you don't want to miss
Those in the room and online will all be able to ask questions and engage with the speakers.
9:00 Registration and Poster Session
9:30 Welcome and Opening Address
- Prof Alan Miller, SUPA CEO
- Prof Peter Mathieson, Principal & Vice Chancellor, University of Edinburgh
10:00 Research Highlight
- Prof Brian Gerardot, Heriot-Watt University
10:30 Posters, Coffee
11:00 Personal Fellowship Journeys
- Dr Lethy Krishnan Jagadamma, University of St Andrews
- Dr Judd Harrison, University of Glasgow
- Dr Kali Wilson, University of Strathclyde
- Prof Beth Biller, University of Edinburgh
12:30 Lunch and Poster session
13:30 PGR Student Highlights
- Richard Tyson, University of Glasgow
- Vera Titze, University of St Andrews
- Boyko Nikolov, University of Strathclyde
- Michal Moravec, University of St Andrews
14:20 Saltire Emerging Researchers
- Silke Henry, Ghent University
- Ana Contreras, University of Madrid
- Dr Justyn Campell Whyte, University of Dundee
15:00 Posters, Refreshments
15:25 Keynote: Career Reflections
- Prof Anneila Sargent, CalTech
- Prof Malcolm Longair, University of Cambridge
16:25 Closing remarks
16:30 Networking reception
17:45 Event ends
You can read more about our speakers in their Biographies.
Our conference will take place on the first floor of the John McIntyre Conference Centre. There is a lift to this floor. Bathroom facilities including a disabled toilet are available on this floor. We apologise that there is no gender neutral bathroom at this venue.
To register, please sign up using SUPA Annual Gathering EventBrite.
The venue has a number of small spaces that we are allocating as 'quiet rooms' for prayer, parenting, needing to take a meeting, or simply respite from a large room full of people after two years of online!
During the week before the conference, we also have a series of online theme meetings (Tuesday 17 and Thursday 19 May).
See SUPA Theme Meetings for details.
The venue has air conditioning in the main meeting room, with windows that open in all main spaces. If the weather is good, there are roof terraces available during the breaks. Masks will be optional, and we'd ask that participants are respectful of those who choose to continue to wear a mask, or those who wear the Scottish Government official 'Distance Aware' badge or lanyard.
Register for Annual Gathering Theme Meetings