It's been a year of ups and down, home working for some, back in the lab, classroom and office for others, and we wanted to take the opportunity to reflect back on all the successes of the last year.
See our summary infographic below, but for those who prefer the written word, here is a summary of the successes acros SUPA in 2021:
- From the RSE: 3 Fellows, an Early Career Medal and Senior Public Engagement Medal
- 2 CBEs, a Queen’s Anniversary Prize and a new Astronomer Royal for Scotland
- From the Royal Society: The Copley Medal, a Research Professorship and 3 Research Fellowships
- From the Institute of Physics: The Dennis Gabor Medal, Giuseppe Occhialini Medal & Prize, and Mary Somerville Medal and Prize
- More than 10,000 hours of student learning on our courses
- Various academic awards
- Various Society awards
- An award from Industry
- 5 Converge Challenge finalists and semi-finalists
- 2 Scottish Edge projects
- 15 awards recognising young scientist and emerging leaders
- Fellowships from UKRI Future Leaders scheme, STFC, Stephen Hawking, Leverhulme Trust and Royal Academy of Engineering
- Saltire funding in the shape of 6 RSE Awards, 7 RSE Early Career Fellowships and 27 SUPA Emerging Researchers providing exchange visits between Scotland and Europe.