SUPA welcomes you to the 2017 Annual Gathering – an exciting day to celebrate Scottish physics in all its many forms.
Register for the event here.
Each of the 7 SUPA Themes will report on highlights from the field - meaning you will hear about the latest advances in your area as well as getting an update on the wider physics activities across Scotland. These updates will be pitched at a general physics level.
- Prof Andrew Mackenzie, Director of the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Physics of Solids who will deliver a talk entitled ‘Strain-Tuning Quantum Materials’.
- Prof Wilson Poon of the Edinburgh Complex Fluids Partnership and Chair of Natural Philosphy at the University of Edinburgh will provide a joint public lecture with the Institute of Physics in Scotland to end the Gathering.
SUPA Annual Gathering Exhibition
- A supplier exhibition where you will find the companies you deal with to furnish equipment for your research;
- An impact exposition where leading industry partners will show examples of how they have translated SUPA physics into their products and services; and
- A SUPA exhibit where SUPA and its associates will be on display.
Maximise the benefit of your visit to the Annual Gathering by spending time visiting the exhibits.
Full programme for the SUPA 2017 Annual Gathering