Next call End 2017
This funding supports the most able early career researchers working within SUPA to build international collaborations. The visit may build on existing, or establish new, collaborations. Visits must be completed by 30th June 2018.
Each successful candidate may be the recipient of a single award only, up to a maximum value of £2,500. Each visit must be for a minimum period of at least one month. The funding cannot not be used for attendance at conferences, training seminars and the like. Eligible costs are restricted to economy travel and subsistence at the agreed institutional rate. The costs of the research are not eligible. Expenses claims must be submitted within one month of your return.
The SUPA Graduate School will be responsible for selecting the best postgraduate, postdoctoral and early career researcher candidates in an open competition from within SUPA which will be judged by the SUPA Graduate School Committee.
Criteria for selection will include:
- evidence of the ability of the candidate (output, leadership);
- likely benefits to the research of the candidate (new skills, techniques likely to be acquired) as result of the visit;
- likely benefits to the longer-term career of the researcher as result of the visit;
- evidence of wider benefits to SUPA as a result of the visit; and
- the potential for sustained collaboration as a result of the visit.
Within two months of returning, successful candidates must provide to SUPA a report covering:
- the aims, objectives or themes that the visit relates to;
- a brief scientific report (two A4 pages);
- a list of outputs (publications/other); and
- detailed costs involved.
The reports will be reviewed by the Scottish Funding Council.
(Please submit the completed form to adminsupa.ac.uk (subject: Graduate%20School%20Form) .)